Idle Musings...

A collection of random thoughts on nothing in particular.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, March 01, 2007

First Submission to JPGMag

I subscribed to JPGMag recently and received Issue 8 on Monday & then Issue 7 on Tuesday. Cool - 2 in 2 days! Anyway, I thought I'd start submitting the ocassional shot and I would start with this one:

It is not the best shot I have ever taken but it's not too bad and more or less fits with the theme of Entropy, which is one of the themes for the next issue.

It is a completely fabricated shot. Well, sort of. It was taken at a friend's son's 1st birthday (a teddy bear picnic). One child had left his teddy bear on the ground near the bubbler after getting a drink and I thought, since it was fairly isolated, that I could probably shoot it and turn it into a "lost favourite toy" type shot. A couple tweaks in Adobe Lightroom (dulling down - a little desaturation and a reasonable vignette) and it comes across more or less how I wanted it too, which is quite a different feel than the original.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home